Aphrodisia Authors

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kinda cool....

I got a delivery the other day. I was hoping it would be some cover flats for BUILT, but alas, it wasn't.

But it *was* from a publisher. A few months back, I was invited to share my thoughts on writing erotic romance in a revised version of a very popular how-to book.

Vanessa Grant's WRITING ROMANCE was a huge hit when it came out a few years back. Now, it's been updated and revised to reflect the changing face of romance.

I was asked (along with Kathleen Lawless who writes for Pocket) to talk about writing erotic romance. I just re-read my contribution and golly gee...I surprised myself. I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about! LOL (ok, so that may be all in my own mind)

Vanessa very kindly asked the publisher to send out books to all the contributors. Some of my favorite authors are in there: EC Sheedy on writing romantic suspense, Jo Beverly on writing historical romance, MaryJo Putney on writing about controversial issues. Vanessa includes new sample synopses from Gail Crease and Judy Griffith Gill.

The updates are fabulous. There's even a cd rom in the back with too many features to mention. (so okay, there are even 2 novels included!)

It was an honor to be included in this book and my deep appreciation goes out to Vanessa Grant for asking me.

If you're thinking of writing or even just interested in the process because of curiosity, I recommend this book:

Writing Romance by Vanessa Grant (3rd Edition) ISBN: 978-1-55180-739-3

Writing Romance is available at Barnes & Noble and Amazon.

Posted by Bonnie Edwards :: 12:35 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------