Aphrodisia Authors

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Nicholas, The Lords of Satyr

It's been an exciting week. Nicholas, the first book in The Lords of Satyr trilogy has begun arriving in stores. When I saw it in Barnes and Noble for the first time a couple of days ago, my husband and I celebrated with wine. It seemed appropriate, since these half-satyr brothers--Nicholas, Raine, and Lyon--carry on their family legacy in a vineyard in Tuscany, where they also guard ancient secrets.

As an art historian, I must've studied thousands of Greco-Roman urns and frescoes over the years. Those that depict satyrs (followers of the wine god Bacchus/Dionysus) lusting after nymphs in ritualistic, carnal winegrape harvest celebrations were the ones that really caught my imagination. This series combines my love of romance with my studies of the mythology behind these artifacts.

I'm currently typing away on book 3, about youngest brother Lyon and am awaiting copy edits for book 2--Raine, The Lords of Satyr--from my editor at Kensington. I've heard there's a delicious cover in store for Raine, but haven't seen it yet. I'm not sure the Nicholas cover can be topped though. The pose is so dramatic and talk about hot! My editor said it reminds her a bit of Michelangelo's sculpture of David. Aphrodisia has some of the best covers in the romance genre.

The other Aphrodisia authors have been really supportive over the past year. It's great to be part of such a generous, talented group, and I thank them all for the advice and friendship.

Elizabeth Amber
NICHOLAS, THE LORDS OF SATYR
erotic paranormal historical romance
(Kensington Aphrodisia, August 2007)
www.elizabethamber.com
www.myspace.com/elizabethamberromance

Posted by Elizabeth Amber :: 6:14 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------