Aphrodisia Authors

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Could you write it on the road?

Could you write it on a train?
In a Starbucks? On a plane?
Would you, could you, in a car?
On a napkin, in a bar?

I always envied Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw for her ability to write her column wherever she happened to be at a given moment. J.K. Rowling wrote much of the first Harry Potter in the local coffee shop. In Cassie’s blog, she mentioned writing in Starbucks.

No way I could do that. At least that’s what I used to think before my husband and I sold our house, drove across the country visiting three sets of relatives for six weeks at a time, went to Europe, and then moved to a new state. All in the space of one year.

During that year, I set up my computer in more places than I care to count. I learned I could write in a London hotel room sitting in a chair that had a broken leg, while I had a horrible cold, and while my husband was out sightseeing without me. I learned I could write in my sister’s crowded spare bedroom on a makeshift plastic table from Office Max while sitting in a chair that doubled as her cats’ scratchpost. And though I’d rather write in an office, it was nice to learn that I didn’t need one in order to write.

Elizabeth, I am.

Elizabeth Amber
Nicholas, The Lords of Satyr
erotic historical paranormal romance
(Kensington Aphrodisia, August 2007)
www.elizabethamber.com

Posted by Elizabeth Amber :: 11:51 AM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------