Aphrodisia Authors

Monday, November 19, 2007

The Glamorous Life


I’ve been catching up on my blog reading and reading about various authors dealing with taking care of their parents, holding down a job as a single parent, and well, the joy of children.

It’s not so different from a life without writing, is it? Published authors still have to do the laundry, cook dinner, be a “soccer mom”, volunteer for a good cause, clean up messes.

And yet there’s that magical something that comes with being a writer. Like our readers, writers escape into another world, but a world of their own creation and have their heroines say all the things they wish they’d thought of when someone comes crashing down on them.

But it’s more than that too. It’s almost like setting up a problem and watching somebody else solve it for you. It’s like watching somebody else go where you’d never dare to go. It’s like...

Well, I don’t know what it’s like because right now, I’m missing it.

I have been referring to myself as a “mundane”. The magic of writing seems to have gone. Something I thought would never happen. I’ve been writing since I could write.

Oh, I’m still thinking about stories, new ones, but actually writing? Not so much.

Anyway, enough whining and back to the glamour part.

Today is the official start to my blog tour (see my website for an almost complete list). At many of these places I am giving away copies from my backlist. So keep your eyes open! Today is my first unscheduled stop over at Fog City Divas (and yes, I am giving a book away there).

And that’s the glamorous life.

Posted by Celia May Hart :: 11:18 AM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------