Aphrodisia Authors

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Got You Covered


I had a completely different post in mind today, but my editor sent me my newest Aphrodisia cover! Of course, that means I have to share it with everyone. The first novella in this world comes out in the Sexy Beast V anthology in September (though I think it starts shipping in August--never ask the newbie questions. Trust me, the answers will only make your head hurt). Since that cover is so pretty, I'm including it, too. You're welcome!

On to the new cover, also heavy on the manflesh (thank you, cover fairies).

This one continues with three novellas set in a futuristic world. There's tiger shape-shifters as you can probably guess from the cover, but there's also polar bears, dragons, and mermaids. I had too much fun with this world. I even have a webpage for it. Click here to find out more.

But it got me thinking...how much do I judge a book by its cover? I know they say not to, but "they" also told me not to write romance. You see how well it's going for "them" so far. So, what would I think of my covers if I were a reader rather than the author? Well, as I said, manflesh is good. And not false advertising at all. I guarantee at some point in every book I write, there is a naked man. For one of the novellas in Carnal Desires, there's even two naked men. At the same time. I think you know what that means. Mmm-hmm.

I think I'd know what was in my books (generally) by these covers, so I guess judging them by their covers is an okay thing right here. Again, did I mention the manflesh? Niiiiice.

So, tell me...do you judge a book by its cover? I know I do.

-Crystal Jordan
www.crystaljordan.com

Posted by Crystal Jordan :: 10:11 AM :: 28 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------