Aphrodisia Authors

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just Catching up

Since this was an open blog day and I have not blogged in awhile, I thought I would take a moment to share some new cover art, news, etc....

First, I am happy to report that I'm temporarily out of deadline heck. Yep, that's right. I finished and turned over Heart of the Wildcat to my editor Monday. This novella will appear in the Sexy Beast 6 antho and paves the way for Soul of the Wildcat, which will continue the story of my Cherokee Cougar shifters in the mountains of North Carolina. Small yah, as this is one that I just couldn't seem to get started on. I whiled away two months with severe depression, convinced I could not possibly do justice to the subject. There was so much to cover with Native American history, legend, lore, cougars, etc... that I felt I could not possibly write the novella in a way that would make sense. Skip forward to the end weeks and many tears later: it's now done and I can't believe I'm saying goodbye to the characters so soon. I was just getting started with Kathryn and Joe. Now that I am not pounding the keyboard day after day I feel lost. What do I do now? (Write another book is the obvious answer. And that is coming. My editor and I decided to call the Flesh and the Devil sequel "Man After Midnight", which I like. Brat Princess Dani Wallace is to become the unwilling bride of a Jadian Shapeshifter.)

I'm also happy to unveil the cover of Embracing Midnight, my late Nov 08 release. I have to admit I love the cover. It's fabulous and so totally right for the book. I'm going to have a poster made and framed for my wall.

Lastly, I am thrilled to share the news that the TRIO Anthology with myself, PF Kozak and Jane Ledger releases next Tuesday. :) These are three hot stories, folks, and the theme is *grin* threesomes.

Lastly, I edge around the the purpose behind this post. Writers, do you ever go through blue funks about your WIPS and if so how do you conquer the worm? Readers, have you ever read a book where it seems like the writer was just going through motions to complete the work on deadline?

Posted by Devyn Quinn :: 6:36 PM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------