Aphrodisia Authors

Friday, June 27, 2008

Isn't it romantic?

So my fortune cookie fortune today said: You are a true romantic


At first I laughed and thought oh how well the universe knows me. But then I stopped and wondered...am I really though? Granted I write super hot romances that must have a HEA (happily ever after)--with the exception of the dirty kinky short story I'm finishing up right now. But does that really mean I'm a romantic? I don't look at life and expect men to be romantic. I don't really expect the same things I write about. In reality I'm, well, a bit of a realist. Romance tends to occur for the most part in romance novels. Unless I (and most of my friends) have just had really bad luck. And it's entirely possible. I'm sure there's some massively romantic men out there.

On a similar note, I've realized that I'm not big on chick flicks anymore. I'm not sure when this changed. I used to adore them, and come to think of it, I still do. The older ones. Those ones from the 80's and 90's. The newer ones not so much. I swear to God I wanted to throw myself off a cliff when I had to sit through P.S. I Love You.

The other night a good friend and I tried to see Sex in the City, but there was only one showing way late at night (weirdness!), so we saw Get Smart. I loved it! Totally not what I expected. And you know what else I loved? The previews for all the action fighting movies. Like Hell Boy 2 and The Dark Knight. I think chick flicks still have a place in my heart (girls night in!), but somewhere along the way, I've become an action girl. And I think that transfers over to my writing in some books. Especially my book I sold to Kensington (formerly The Captured Rose, now being renamed!). I love a little action with my books.

So what are your thoughts about romance in life? And when you go to the movies? What do you prefer?

Shelli :)
http://www.shellistevens.com

Posted by Shelli Stevens :: 12:00 AM :: 14 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------