Aphrodisia Authors

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm at Conference

By the time this post goes up, I'll be at the RWA (Romance Writers of America) National Conference.

This year will be a lot different for me than last year. In my very first post on this blog, I talked about how I sold to Kensington Aphrodisia while at conference last year. It was exciting and scary to be the total newbie on the block.



I mean, at the time, I didn't have an agent, had no idea what I was doing, and spent the entire conference running around like a chicken with its head cut off. It was, in a word, in-freaking-sane.

I thought this year would be mellow. Relaxing. Easy-peasy compared to last. Since I wrote this before I left for conference, I'll have to check back in to tell you if I was wrong or not, but looking over my schedule, I'm thinking this is not going to be a relaxing conference.

On Thursday alone, I have--count 'em--five parties or meetings to go to. Chapter meetings, agent meetings, publisher parties, agency parties. It's pretty crazy. Friday morning, I'm holding my critique partner's hand before she pitches, Friday night is another publisher party, Saturday is just...packed solid again.

It's good because it means I've had a successful year--I have places to go and people to see (who would ave ever imagined that? Not me!). It's bad because I'm still doing the headless chicken routine.

Wish me luck!



~Crystal Jordan
http://www.crystaljordan.com

"In Ice" SEXY BEAST V - Aug 08
CARNAL DESIRES - Nov 08

Labels: , ,


Posted by Crystal Jordan :: 12:20 AM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------